I had so many questions about my pet yesterday that I decided to do a Thursday Thirteen about him:
1. He does not have a harness or a leash, I walk him around the house every morning. He heels pretty good and he follows word commands
2. He sees a vet on a regular basis and had all his shots
3. He does not eat the greens in his cage, those are HIS pets. He gets vegetables from the garden, just to the left of his cage. He has a main staple of rice and veggies, some meat, fruit, and instead of Temptations he gets dark chocolate.
4. He only has to be in the cage when he misbehaves (rarely!) or for his own protection – say, when IRS would come (whatever IRS is, I don’t know, but it seems that beans have a natural fear-and-flight response…)
5. I didn’t need to capture him, no butterfly net needed. He seems quiet content to stay in the vicinity of the house. And me.
6. He is well trained and knows a lot of tricks!
7. He requires almost no mainttenance as I have trained him to take care of himself.
8. No stroller. I did allow him one of those loud, stinky machines with wheels that beans seem to like and he operates it by himself – no freaking way I go into one of those!
9. Those glasses are his own. No one is allowed to wear Anastasia’s glasses. Neither why she was here, nor now after she has gone to the bridge!
10. No, I will not provide him with a mate! I do allow him time to himself and whatever he does then – I do not even want to know!
11. He is not an exotic. Plain old domestic paleskin.
12. Yes, he has a litterbox, though it looks somewhat different than mine…
13. He is legal and has all his papers!