Sunday, September 30, 2007
Here in the desert we have deer but they are kind of nice. Not destructive, they pretty much leave us alone and we leave them alone.
Not so with the Javelina! Those are VISHUS!
They indiscriminately destroy everything, eat everything, rip apart everything, throw over everything.
When they've been through the garden it looks like Baghdad afterwards.
We have to have our vegetable garden fenced in. We even put a sign on the door that says: "Unfortunately we have to stay outside." And so far they did. But the door is always closed!
So here in the desert the vishus Javelina play the part of the vishus deer.
The other morning I was minding my business, thinking of lizards, when all of a sudden some vishus Javelina made the mistake of crossing my path after I already had received "Mao & Rocky's Vishus Deer Repelunt"! I decided to try it out on them....
First I stalked them, getting closer in hiding so that the element of surprise worked to my advantage!
Then came the ATTACK:
I only had to attack one of them - as soon as the others saw what they had to deal with - like: AWESOME MANCAT - they ran for their lives....
I am Karl, Awesome Mancat, Famous Javelina Slayer!
Thank you, Rocky, for the repellent!
Thursday, September 27, 2007
After decades of military dictatorship, the people of Burma are not "jumping through the hoop" anymore and they need all the help they can get!
You can sign a petition here and an Appeal to the UN Security Council here.
This blog shows you the few pictures that make it out of Burma.
And here is a related story on BBC.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Friday, September 21, 2007
My good friends Mr. Chen and Ollie were kind enough to bestow the Nice Matters Award upon me. Thank you so much, I am very honored!
I like to give this award to Monte and Storm.
Announcement (WCB: Favorite Things)
We overhauled The Cat Realm SHOP! It has all our Favorite Things, and more, and it is called Felines Unleashed now and part of the WATGOG! The watgog lady and the maid are friends and decided to open an internet department store because they are in dire need of the green papers. And we (originally Anastasia and I had planned to have a grand opening on Labor Day... ) decided to put our shop in there, and I included a special section in memory of Anastasia (all profits from that go to the Alley Cat Allies).
If you go and have a look, any feedback would be highly appreciated!!!
And as Halloween is approaching fast, I put the Halloween link in the sidebar...
Weekend Cat Blogging is hosted by A Byootaful Life.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
My mott' is “If they be rich enough t' own it – they be rich enough t' share it. Whate'er it is.” And all I do is help with the sharin'…
I am sailin' under the flag o' legendary pirate queen Mad Anne Kid, patron saint o' all pirates. E'ery pirate is a little bit crazy. Mad Anne Kid, though, was more than just a little bit. And e'en though she was not always the traditional swaggerin' gallant, her steadiness and plannin' made her the finest and most cunnin' o' all pirates. Arr, argh!
Thanks Meowers from Missouri!
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Chey and Mr. Chen & Ollie both tagged me for a meme:
"The guidelines for this tag:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules
2. Write some facts about yourself: some random, some weird, some just plain fun.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them)
4. Let those 7 people know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs. The challenge is to keep it interesting without making the reader think “Um, too much information…"
Here are my facts:
I refuse to use a litter box. I only "do it" outside.
I never wake up at night if I am not woken up by external forces.
I never sit on a lap but I like to be hold and carried around.
I like to do somersaults.
I show off my prey. But I have to do it by running by the butler fast or otherwise he steals it from me!
I love croissants with butter and get both every Sunday morning!
I have a very quiet, almost undetectable purr.
I tag Midnite and Stray Kitty, Alexi, Benjamin Fuzz and Monte, Munchkin, and Missy.
Maggy and Zoey made these beautiful pictures of Anastasia, thank you!
Friday, September 14, 2007
You won't believe...
...what happened this morning: Karl fell into the pool!
The maid and I had breakfast on the porch when we saw him coming across the parking lot. We almost didn’t recognize him, he looked like a rat. We couldn’t stop laughing.
I sent the maid to check the pool, and sure enough: his glasses were still floating where he had fallen in.
Meanwhile I snatched a picture of him, he was very embarrassed and only allowed it after I gave him my glasses to wear. He always wanted to wear them but I had never allowed it so far! I was still laughing my cute little butt off.
But then the butler said he could have died. That sobered me up.
I am really careful when it comes to water and I do not like to get my paws wet. One day my glasses fell into the tub and I had to fish them out, I hated it!
Thursday, September 13, 2007
1. He does not have a harness or a leash, I walk him around the house every morning. He heels pretty good and he follows word commands
2. He sees a vet on a regular basis and had all his shots
3. He does not eat the greens in his cage, those are HIS pets. He gets vegetables from the garden, just to the left of his cage. He has a main staple of rice and veggies, some meat, fruit, and instead of Temptations he gets dark chocolate.
4. He only has to be in the cage when he misbehaves (rarely!) or for his own protection – say, when IRS would come (whatever IRS is, I don’t know, but it seems that beans have a natural fear-and-flight response…)
5. I didn’t need to capture him, no butterfly net needed. He seems quiet content to stay in the vicinity of the house. And me.
6. He is well trained and knows a lot of tricks!
7. He requires almost no mainttenance as I have trained him to take care of himself.
8. No stroller. I did allow him one of those loud, stinky machines with wheels that beans seem to like and he operates it by himself – no freaking way I go into one of those!
9. Those glasses are his own. No one is allowed to wear Anastasia’s glasses. Neither why she was here, nor now after she has gone to the bridge!
10. No, I will not provide him with a mate! I do allow him time to himself and whatever he does then – I do not even want to know!
11. He is not an exotic. Plain old domestic paleskin.
12. Yes, he has a litterbox, though it looks somewhat different than mine…
13. He is legal and has all his papers!
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Sunday, September 9, 2007
Saturday, September 8, 2007
I want to thank each and every one of you again for your wonderful support! Special thanks to Skeezix for the Blog Blast for Anastasia. I will never forget it.
And special thanks to Daisy and Miss Peach, and Yao-Lin, they all awarded us with Skittles Blogging Star Award.
I want to award the Blogging Star Award to the Cat Blogosphere itself, they deserve all and every award that is out there and that will come!!! The Cat Blogosphere and it's hard working members are the heart and soul of our great community, I can not thank them enough!
I also created a blog for Anastasia where you can find her life story, her awards, pictures will follow, and I got an inkling as if she might post herself there once in a while, thanks to Oscar's wonderful example. You can also click on her picture in the sidebar to get there.
Your friend Karl