Thursday, October 4, 2007
Free Burma! and Thursday Thirteen
Thursday Thirteen: 13 things about yesterday's picture:
1. Maybe it was a hallucination. Or possibly a stuffed animal.
2. It could be temporary.
3. Afraid not. I overheard the staff talk...
4. It is called 'Rita'. I immediately changed that name to Mrs. Hissy Ohnezahn.
5. She hisses at me.
6. She doesn’t have upper canines (therefore the strange expression on her face, her lower canines stick out like little vampire teeth).
7. 'Ohne Zahn' means 'without tooth' in German. Hissy is self explanatory...
8. I really do miss Anastasia! That would never have happened with her in the house! She would not ever have tolerated another cat! Never!
9. So what if Mrs. Hissy Ohnezahn needed a home. And the staff thinks I need a companion. Come on guys, it isn’t quiet that simple...
10. So far Mrs. Hissy spends most her time up in that niche over the fireplace. And when she sees me she hisses at me. And she looks like a total bore. I don’t think she is interested in any kind of recreational activity, let alone playing with me.
11. The staff tells me she is about a year older than I am, which makes her around 6 years of age and that she really needed a better home than the one she was in. Why mine???
12. O.K. Now if she really needed a home and will let up with the hissing and stuff she can stay. You know me, I am Mr. Do-Good, right? Just don’t get on my nerves, Mrs. Hissy Ohnezahn!!! But no matter if you drop the hissing or not – you are stuck with the name!
13. And eventually you will have to wear glasses, too!